Thursday 5 September 2013

Work with it, erm, Thursday!

Helloo, So I'm totally mixing up these themes ay?!
I did try to think of something I really don't like but to no avail, as long as it's prepared properly I'll love it! Instead I thought I'd try something that I've been wary of for a while, Green Smoothies.

You've got to admit, the thought of yummy milkshake + spinach is totes gross... until you've tried it! I'd seen hundreds of instagram photos and decided to give my own a go. This was the one I recreated although the banana I used wasn't frozen and it worked just fine. I now know the recipe by heart as I made it 4 days running! For anybody who has never tried a green smoothie it's important to know that you add the greens to be healthy, and you can't taste it. I was imagining some weird savoury sweet mush before I took my first gulp.
Now that I've run out of spinach I'll be looking for a new recipe to try out (even if I need to buy more spinach!) so if you know of any spectacular ones please let me know in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. Got to confess I've never made a green smoothie, the thought has very definitely put me off trying it out! BUT if you promise that you really can't taste the spinach, then tomorrow I'll give it a go with some young spinach leaves from my kitchen garden ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been brave enough to try green smoothies yet, but I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a whirl next time you have the ingredients in. Actually taste really yum and then woah I just had three good portions of fruit and veg!

      Delete