Sunday 8 September 2013

Brighton & Hove Food and Drink Festival

Quite a mouthful...literally! (oh I'm cringing at the awfulness of this pun already)
We took a delightful wander up and down New Road, Brighton today perusing the many stalls of the Food and Drink festival. Mushrooms, cider, jam, sausage, falafel, fish, all colours of the food spectrum represented.

Spied this awesome salad from a distance, I've never eaten flowers/petals before and it's something I really want to try! With so much food available though, salad wasn't going to cut it for lunch.

We then came across Titbits catering who had some really tempting nibbles on offer. They run a pop-up restaurant just down our road every Friday which we've been meaning to visit for ages but it's quite pricey and the right special occasion just hasn't arrived yet.

I went for a sweetcorn fritter with fresh tomato salsa and Josh opted for a sundried tomato sausage roll.
They both tasted sooo good and were presented so nicely, I almost don't want to mention that josh found a pebble when he tried a bite of mine! Luckily there were no broken teeth so we moved on unperturbed.

There were a few freebies on offer along the course of the road. I tried some delicious olives, if only my purse could stretch to such whims as my stomach demands!
We finally decided on trying this for lunch:
I was drawn in by the words 'banana curry' and thrilled to find out everything was Vegan. The kind lady working the stall talked me through everything. (I've got quite a low spice threshold!) Then she filled up my tub with mixed 'stir fried veg', layered on banana curry, added chili bean sauce and then topped with avacado and lime on top. We added a tiny bit of lime pickle at the corner too.

Fortunately we were less than a minutes walk from the pavilion gardens so sat in the sun having a munch! One portion of this was enough for both of us but we still had space to share a slice of Chocolate cake from the Vbites stall! (no photo as we were in a rush for the cinema, guess I'll just have to go back again!)

Is this my longest blog post ever? Big hug for sticking around. xx

6 comments:

  1. Ooh sounds good! I'm heading down for the food festival and then a gig at northern lights next Saturday so hoping I find plenty of good vegan stuff there too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, hope you enjoy it! I hadn't even heard of Northern Lights till now but the website looks cool, I'll have to check it out soon!

      Delete
  2. What a FUN post!! And I LOVE, LOVE banana curry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! From my first try that is :p Glad you enjoyed it! xxx

      Delete
  3. What a great post, I wish I'd been able to go because I love visiting the Titbits stall. Their brownies are the best, I always get a vegan sushi box from Moshimo too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I pointed to the brownies with chilis on top and stupidly asked 'are they real chilis?!' She was very nice though and politely advised me they aren't meant to be eaten with the brownie! I've never tried any sushi before, Moshimo is yet another restaurant on my 'to visit' list!

      Delete