Sunday 31 March 2013

Ipaddling

I've definately not got the hang of this yet, I don't like having my spelling corrected when I'm trying to create a cringy pun!

This weekend I've been back in the homeland, living the village life and watching Dr Who.
I did manage to do a little cooking, nothing too strenuous, just trying to make the most of what I've found in the fridge and settled on a rustic mushroom soup.

I used some tiny homegrown onions (4), a clove of garlic, three big handfuls of mushrooms, veg stock and soy milk.

Sauté the onion and garlic until translucent, roughly chop the mushrooms and add to the mix. Leave until well cooked and squishy. Add 1/2 pint stock and simmer for a couple 'o' mins. Then add 1/4 pint soy milk, simmer for another 5 mins and blend. This was a thick soup so if you prefer a thinner soup add more stock. You could also substitute a different milk provided the flavours will make friends with each other.

I made some croutons to accompany the soup, just cubed some old bread, tossed in oil and stuck them in the oven for ten mins, turning once halfway through - really simple - Dad loved them though!

No comments:

Post a Comment